Overview

This blog is intended to document the build of my Gardner Douglas Mk4 Cobra; partly as IVA evidence, bit primarily to help others learn from my mistakes and/or successes.

I will endeavour to post as often as possible, with a view to entering a single post for a particular element of the build process, however inevitably some things may not be completed in one go. All posts will be tagged so it should be easy enough to find the information you seek.

Please subscribe to receive emailed updates and feel free to post any comments or questions which I will make my best efforts to respond to.

Monday 29 February 2016

Body Collection Day

Well the day finally came to collect the first bits of my GD Mk4 Cobra and I woke up early like a kid on Christmas day. 

I had originally booked a Luton van as others had, but I decided to use my trusty ex-caravan trailer instead which allowed me to use company fuel and save a precious few pounds. A couple of pallets were screwed to the deck with some rubber matting on top to stop it sliding around which worked well. 
The rest of the stuff went in the boot protected by some old duvets and foam mattresses.
And here it is in it's home for the next couple of years. 

Thanks to Greg and his Dad for helping to load it on the trailer. 

Looking forward to getting started.... 

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you made it home ok, So is it finished yet? ;-)

    No problems with the lifting hand it was good to see a body fresh out of the mould. And your colour scheme does work very well.
    Cheers
    Greg

    ReplyDelete